Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A-Maizing Fun

It's funny how many little things you discover once you have kids. Last Saturday, we went to  Conner's A-maizing Acres .  It's apparently been around for years. Actually, I didn't discover it, a friend invited me to a Sign-N-Play group outing.  This is where the group leader uses/teaches sign language to the kids (parents too) during the outing.  Cool way to incorporate learning signs into an activity. Jonah's picking up a few signs, though he prefers to verbalize--non-stop I might add.  Of course, we're encouraging signing to cut down on communication frustration.

At the Acres, the kids swam in a pool of corn kernels.



We "lucked out" that the Redneck Games were being held while we were there.  Kayla thoroughly enjoyed watching the Rooster Catch.  One local was able to grab two at one time.  Even though I'm small town bred, I can assure you I've never chased a rooster--however, I may have been chased by one at some point.  And, just so you can know me a little better, I did have a pet pig for about a week.  I digress.

The Cow Train provided a little brother-sister bonding.  The plan was originally for me to ride with Jonah and Kayla to ride in front of us.  That is until my rear made it ABUNDANTLY clear that Mama would not be sitting in that cow barrel anytime soon. So Kayla received instructions to hang onto her little brother and off they went.  She took her job seriously.

The kids had fun watching the pigs, chickens, and feeding the cows.  Neither seems to have made the connection yet that pig = bacon, chicken= nuggets, or cow= hamburger helper.  I see no need to speed up that knowledge. 

The baby horse was a hit with Kayla.  The pipe slide was Jonah's favorite.  He's going to be my little daredevil.

The stack of hay...well climbing on hay is just a good time.

And, there was a huge corn maze that none us were up to doing in the heat of the day.  We walked far enough in to say we did it and then called it a day.
The simple life is the best life.

No comments:

Post a Comment