Tuesday, August 3, 2010

From 3 to 4

Our newest adventure began early in 2009. The paperchase. I'd like to say our prior "chase" made us so experienced that we rocked out a homestudy and immigration papers in record time. Instead, it was a long nine months laden with little delays that layered on top of each other until I was ready to cry uncle. Eventually, we just laughed and kept trudged toward the goal...growing our family.

I'm pretty sure that I don't believe in destiny, red threads, or anything similar. Some nights though, I will admit to looking up at a star and hoping a child was staring at that same star, wishing for a Forever Family ...and hoping that child wouldn't be too disappointed to be matched up with a dork, a geek, and a little princess that rules the house. You can decide for yourself who's the dork and who's the geek, the little princess is a given.

After immense joy, came devastating heartache when our first son-to-be, Dylan XinYong, passed away. In this life, I'll never understand, except to know that through this grief I now long to be more Mom, more Spouse, and more Friend. Life is too precarious to take for granted.

Today, I CELEBRATE the impending entrance of Jonah BaoLe into our family.
How lucky we feel to have this handsome son joining our lives.

Jonah



And, by the way, thanks for taking the time to follow along. Really.

6 comments:

  1. I can't wait to meet my new cousin!!! Stay safe on your travels! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to meeting Prince Jonah soon! Love to you all,
    Donna and Catherine Musselwhite

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have a smooth trip and a wonderful first meeting with Jonah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for a safe trip!I will be here following your journey to meet this handosme little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad the first leg of the plane trip went well. Hope the rest did too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you are in China,we saw the picture and he is so cute!! Grandma & Grandpa Richardson

    ReplyDelete